Imperfect as it is, I love my life. No matter what happens, I am always his wife, their momma, and most importantly HIS daughter. With that, everything is peachy! I can't imagine living life any other way. I cherish God's Grace on my life and my family's life everyday.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas 2010

 Every year, we buy the girls matching pajamas to open on Christmas Eve. This year, I decided to make them. They all have matching PB&J pajamas and all loved them. Kimberly thought it was the cutest thing that they would all match.
 I had some leftover gingerbread fabric from making Emmy's gingerbread dress and diapers, so I decided to make her an apron to wear while making cookies on Christmas Eve.
 I guess some moms steer away from loud toys, but not us. I wanted Emmy to have some musical instruments to use in our homeschool preschool for music time. The drum is filled with different instruments including a large and loud bell that we plan to take to Jamie's soccer games this year to shake when they score (Jamie's been warned ;) 
 I made the girls a TON of sleep pants, sleep shorts, jogging pants, etc for Christmas. Here's Kimberly opening just one of them. This momma had A TON of sewing to do before "Santa" could deliver the gifts.
 I made the girls all slippers. Jamie's the one that asked for them. She wanted soccer slippers and has since worn hers out to town and to school (they have non slip, water resistant soles.) I think they were a hit.
 The big girls are laughing in this picture because Emilee took the wrapping paper off this box (which had a giant tub of Play-Doh goodies in it) and she was so excited! "Momma! You got me one of them?" The girl thought I bought her a crock pot. lol. And she was so happy about it. We had to show her it wasn't a crock pot and for a second, she was disappointed ;)


 





 We had the blessing of being able to take goodies to the staff at Christopher House (Hospice Austin) in appreciation this year again.  My girls, me, Momma (Ann), Aunt Susie, Pamela, and Jasmine all went and took tons of goodies for the staff. We got a nice letter in the mail a week later thanking us. Very special.
 The girls waiting for the Bastrop Parade to start.
 Much to our surprise, Emilee was not scared of Santa this year! She saw him after the Bastrop Lighted Christmas Parade was over and sat on his lap. She was a natural! She told him she wanted "a dolly and library books" for Christmas and that's just what JESUS brought her.

Kimberly, Jamie, and Emilee posing with the big guy in red after the Bastrop Lighted Christmas Parade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment