Imperfect as it is, I love my life. No matter what happens, I am always his wife, their momma, and most importantly HIS daughter. With that, everything is peachy! I can't imagine living life any other way. I cherish God's Grace on my life and my family's life everyday.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christopher House 2010

 This year on December 11th, we were able to take snacks and goodies to the staff at Christopher House (Hospice Austin) in appreciation for all of the help and support they extended to our family when Grandpa Ed was there. It's hard to believe that was in 2003 and here we sit 7 years later.  Losing him somehow felt like the end of an era to me.


Sitting there with him at Christopher House was a blessing to me. Something I had never experienced before and was better for having gone through it. It felt like an honor. I know we all take away our own memories and spiritual moments from that time at Christopher House and they are all very personal and individual. For me, there was two things that stood out.  One was when Grandpa was not really aware anymore and was constantly "asleep" and I said to him from across the room, "Grandpa, do you wanna go get some chocolate ice cream?" and he sat straight up in bed and opened his eyes.  That was special for me, because when we were little kids, Grandma and Grandpa would bring watermelon for everybody to eat, but I didn't like it. So they would stop and get me a pint of chocolate ice cream. Knowing that money was tight, that made me feel special every single time. And that it struck something within Grandpa when I brought it up to him at Christopher House made me feel like he realized how it was important to me.

Here's a picture of Momma and Aunt Susie sitting by the fountain outside at Christopher House.

This is a horrible pic (quality) but I wanted to add it b/c it is of the girls at Christopher House. The last time we went, Emmy wasn't born yet.

I'm sure all the little kids that went, remember the fish in the fountain and I think everyone enjoyed the distraction they provided at times.

A pic of all of us at Christopher House with the goodies. You can see all of it. Momma brought a big bag of books and magazines to donate also.

 The thank you letter we received from Christopher House only a few days later. It reads:

Dear Family of Ed Meredith,
Thank you for your very generous and creative goodies. We loved the "snowman parts". You all truly honored Mr. Meredith with your prayers, gifts, and gathering of your family. What a lovely family you all have.

Thank You!
Our Staff
 This is a picture of one of the goodies the girls and I made. It's snowman parts. Unfortunately, the snowman didn't make it, but as you can see from the letter, they still liked it and that made me feel better.

This is the tag that went with the "snowman parts."















And just for a blast from the past, here's a pic of some of the kids when we went to decorate Christopher House for the fall YEARS ago. Samuel is still a little baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment