Imperfect as it is, I love my life. No matter what happens, I am always his wife, their momma, and most importantly HIS daughter. With that, everything is peachy! I can't imagine living life any other way. I cherish God's Grace on my life and my family's life everyday.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

My baby is a big girl :(

 Emilee Grace the day she was born.
My baby is a big girl! Yes, I know I should have realized already that a two and a half year old is not exactly a baby anymore, but it just struck me today when we were cooking lunch. She looks like such a little girl! I said, "Emmy! You don't look like a little baby anymore. You look like such a big girl now!" Of course she replied, "I AM a big girl!" lol.  Of course, 2 minutes later, I'm holding her so she can look in the pots as we're cooking and she's digging down my shirt.  I tell her, "No, you can't do that anymore. Only babies touch mommy's naynies. You're a big girl now remember." Then she tells me she's a baby. ha!  She's been weaned for 6 months and she's still trying to get back in the graces! ;)

Emilee is still 37 inches tall, so she hasn't grown taller since we last measured her. She's 32lbs. So she's gotten heavier, but not taller. hehe. Maybe that's why she looks like such a big girl to me ;)  She is doing so great with our homeschool preschool and gets so excited. I've never told her that it is "class" or anything of the sort. We've always kept it just fun time.  But now she tells me, "Is it class time?" hehe. She tells me she needs to get her backpack for school. I don't want to break it to her that she's just going to carry it 15 feet to the table. lol. Whatever makes her happy.

Now we just have to convince her that it's time to potty train. The girl  has zero interest in potty training. I guess she knows it's going to mean effort. lol.

Jesus treated Emmy very sweetly this Christmas and she's been able to occupy herself alot with her new goodies. We made sure to get things we could use in our preschool class too.  A train table that's doubling as a block and playdoh table. Lots of musical instruments for music time. A tools set which Emmy loved and went around for the first week fixing everything including her diapers.  Lots of different kinds of blocks and games, and play food. The girl was hooked up!  And this momma is very thankful when she's able to keep herself occupied for a few minutes while I get something done-even though she does ask me a hundred times if I wanna play.  She asked me the other day "Momma, do you wanna play with me?" and I about cried. It took me right back to her being a newborn and not really doing anything. And now all the way to using complete sentences and asking if I want to play with her. Yes, I know I'm a sap, but it's so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment