Imperfect as it is, I love my life. No matter what happens, I am always his wife, their momma, and most importantly HIS daughter. With that, everything is peachy! I can't imagine living life any other way. I cherish God's Grace on my life and my family's life everyday.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Letters to Santa

Since moving into the new home, this will be our first year without a fireplace. Of course I'm already trying to think ahead and prepare for questions in advance. You know, how will Santa get into our house if we don't have a fireplace? 


Problem solved people! And I am SO EXCITED!!  I have been wanting to get a SMALL mailbox and put by the front door because Emilee is forever asking to go check them mail. I wanted to get a small one so she could just have fun with it. Well, I never did get around to finding a SMALL mailbox. So, I've decided to kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. I am going to get a mailbox and put it on a short stand (4x4 board) and put it on the front porch. I am going to put stickers on the outside of it "Letters to Santa."  On Christmas Eve night, we are going to walk out and put a note in the mailbox for Santa letting as well as the key to the front door (fake key of course-I'm not THAT crazy!)  I thought that was such a cute idea! What do you think?

Now don't get me wrong, we don't go all crazy over Santa and we make sure to stick to the true meaning of the season, but in the few years that she will believe in the big guy in red, I want to have fun with it.  We do plenty of other activities to center Christmas around Christ.  I don't think there's any harm in having fun with
the flying reindeer bit.

So, we'll put the letters and key out and then head to the front yard and put out carrots and water for the reindeer. I'm so excited! And of course "Santa" will leave her a note in the mailbox thanking her and some personal details in there like how her room is painted, the treats left for him, etc.


Here is what I was thinking of but naturally I'd do a good paint job on it.


This one is cute and would be a nice decoration for the front porch. So you get the idea. Mailbox painted red with "Letters to Santa" on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment